Thursday 10 October 2013

Sharing some Frenchs Forest Market & Orange Grove Market with Eri

We know that there are many of you out there who don't just restrict yourselves to visiting just one of our markets whether it be during the week or on the weekend and we thought it would be nice to spend a bit of time with someone who is not only passionate about the market experience but who also visits one every Saturday and one every Sunday!

On that note, we would like to introduce you to Eri who is a die-hard fan of both Orange Grove AND Frenchs Forest Markets.

How did you first stumble across Orange Grove & Frenchs Forest Markets

Initially a close friend of mine took me to another grower's market a few years ago.  I enjoyed it so much but because only held it once a month, I started searching for information on the internet about markets that were open every weekend.  Closest from where I live are either Orange Grove or Frenchs Forest and depending upon my weekend schedule, I try visiting at least one of them.

and take it from us, we KNOW that she tries to get to both when she can

We love that you attend both markets when you can and given you are not living within 5 minutes of each location, we appreciate it even more-so.  What is it about each market that makes them a "must do" for you

I just love going to the markets....simple!!!  Distance doesn't worry me one bit!  It's the lively community vibe I get from both markets that I love so much.


To me, markets are a place for an energy booster.  From these two markets I get great vibe, great energy, seeing a variety of fresh & unique produce and because some stallholders cover both markets, I get to say hi to them twice!

You have recently started to document your love for these markets with some incredible photographs.  How do you select what it is you will shoot and have you found from this, your relationship with stallholders has grown to a more personal level

Thank you, it is always nice to hear from someone that they like my photographs.

I don't really "select" what to shoot, it's more about things that caught my eye for whatever reason.  Every week is different; one day could be all about flowers and one day all about veggies.



Yes it has grown to a more personal level meeting people who share the same passion and thoughts.

Do you have a "must buy" at each market, and if so what are they and why

Must buy at Orange Grove

I love Birgitta's cakes.  The flavour spreads in your mouth and all her cakes are made with love.  And Croquembouche Patisserie....their macaroons are just divine.



The flowers are a must stop place for a photo shoot, especially under the early morning sun.

Must buy at Frenchs Forest

Getting CannelĂ© and tarts from Folie Douce.  They are amazing.  The Chef (Alban) brings an authentic and homey experience...I am a big fan of his.



I also love Common Ground with their Green Drink and green energy bars.

From your viewpoint, why do you think markets such as Orange Grove & Frenchs Forest are an important part of their respective local communities and what can we (as consumers) do to continue to support them

Markets are the place which brings people together.  It's not only just to buy things, it's an event.  You may plan to meet your family and friends at market and then go somewhere else afterwards.  

It's also a place where you are able to buy something you can not find elsewhere and the range of fresh produce is fantastic.  Markets in turn educate communities about the diversity of healthy and local food products.



We must continue to engage with these markets and show our support by buying local.  I also support by taking photos: it sends a message across the community on how great these markets are.....it's a weekend must do/stop/look around/shop experience.


**********

While we can't tell you exactly where Eri lives, we can totally state with clarity that we love she travels from her suburb to two of our markets most weekends and that by her sharing photos via various social media outlets she is doing her little bit in promoting that all important mantra of buying local.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reaching out to me and to make it possible and very nicely executed. I am extremely happy indeed.
    Shall see you all @ Frenchs Forest & Orange Grove Markets !!

    ReplyDelete